- Cootamundra, NSW
- Permanent role - Immediate start
- Assistance with relocation costs, for the right candidate
- Aged Care Facility with under 60 beds
Purpose of Position
To attend to the care needs of residents in accordance with their care plan. This will be achieved by providing safe and effective direct nursing care in line with nursing best practice principles.
The position is accountable and responsible in ensuring compliance with the aged care quality standards.
- Carry out the initial and on-going assessment, planning and management of nursing care for residents
- Develop personal care plans that ensure the individual needs of residents are identified and met, and be aware of changes in care plans
- Review all residents frequently, including residents file:
- Behaviour charting and assessments
- Observation charts
- Medication charts
- Weight and bowel chart documentation
- Wound charts
- Progress note entries
- Participate in their quarterly care plan evaluation, or more regularly as required
- Ensure that all documentation required by and related to the provision of quality care for all residents is prepared, maintained, monitored, evaluated and up to date
- Ensure completion and accuracy of all ACFI claims
- Provide, or ensure provision of, more complex care services including:
- Pain management
- Palliative care
- Intra-venous and naso-gastric tubing
- Catheter care
- Stoma care
- Complex wound management
- Risk management of acute or chronic infection conditions
- Enema administration
- Oxygen therapy
- Complete pressure ulcer risk assessment on all residents and report any changes
- Ensure residents incidents of a clinical nature are reviewed and actioned
- Liaise with and advocate on behalf of residents to medical and allied health professionals
- Provide support and guidance to Care Service Employees, residents and their families
- Registered Nurse (Division 1) with general registration - essential
- Possession of Certificate III in Community Services (Aged Care) or equivalent - desirable
Experience & Skills
- At least two-years experience as an RN registration
- Strong ACFI knowledge / experience
- Experience in caring for older people including understanding of the aspirations and needs of frail older people
- Current driver's license
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the Aged Care Quality Standards
- Advanced verbal and written English communication skills
If you are an experienced RN and are interested in making a move to rural NSW, then please get in touch today by sending through your CV in word format, and addressing your cover letter to Mardi Steven
9 days ago
- plus super, plus salary packaging
Facility ManagerBased in Bombala, NSWSalary, plus super, plus salary packagingUp to $3K relocation assistance available for the right applicantStart ASAPsmall sized facility - 35 bedsLow care residents"Come and lead a team ...
9 days ago
- plus super
Facility ManagerBased in Leeton, Riverina area of NSWSalary, plus super, plus salary packagingUp to $3K relocation assistance available for the right applicantStart ASAPsmall sized facility - 50 beds"Come and lead a team who are passionate about ...
26 days ago
- The Entrance
Care ManagerBased in Norah Head, Central Coast, NSW70+ bed Aged Care FacilityImmediate start / Perm FT positionGreat base salary plus superWork / Life Balance, living close to Newcastle BeachesWe are looking for an experienced Care Manager to join our ...
10 days ago
Care ManagerBased in Bathurst, NSW150 bed Aged Care FacilityImmediate start / Perm FT positionGreat base salary plus super"Bring Joy to those we care for"We are looking for an experienced Care Manager to join our aged care facility based in Bathurst. Bathurst i...
10 days ago
- AU$100000 - AU$110000 per annum
Care ManagerBased in Paynesville Gardens, Victoria100 bed Aged Care FacilityImmediate start / Perm FT positionGreat base salary plus super"Bring Joy to those we care for" We are looking for an experienced Care Manager to join our aged care facility based in Paynesville ga...
14 days ago
- including Super and salary packaging
Residential Service Manager FulltimeImmediate StartBased in Waratah, NSWMedium sized Aged Care Facility 72 + 52 bedsGenerous package - which includes super and salary packaging"Join a fantastic team and help enable th...