- Corowa, NSW (Riverina area)
- Permanent role
- Assistance with relocation costs, for the right candidate
- Aged Care Facility with under 100 beds
"Come and live on the Mighty Murray"
Consider relocating to this rural community where the population is just over 5000 people.
There is no traffic, lots of vineyards and a river which attracts the residents and holiday goers for its water sports!
This medium sized facility is looking to place an experienced Registered Nurse on their cohesive team. It is on the bank of the Murray River and border between NSW and Victoria. (281km from Melbourne).
You will be reporting into the Facility Manager and deputy within a busy aged care facility.
Purpose of Position
To attend to the care needs of residents in accordance with their care plan. This will be achieved by providing safe and effective direct nursing care in line with nursing best practice principles.
The position is accountable and responsible in ensuring compliance with the aged care quality standards.
- Carry out the initial and on-going assessment, planning and management of nursing care for residents
- Develop personal care plans that ensure the individual needs of residents are identified and met, and be aware of changes in care plans
- Review all residents frequently, including residents file:
- Behaviour charting and assessments
- Observation charts
- Medication charts
- Weight and bowel chart documentation
- Wound charts
- Progress note entries
- Participate in their quarterly care plan evaluation, or more regularly as required
- Ensure that all documentation required by and related to the provision of quality care for all residents is prepared, maintained, monitored, evaluated and up to date
- Ensure completion and accuracy of all ACFI claims
- Provide, or ensure provision of, more complex care services including:
- Pain management
- Palliative care
- Intra-venous and naso-gastric tubing
- Catheter care
- Stoma care
- Complex wound management
- Risk management of acute or chronic infection conditions
- Enema administration
- Oxygen therapy
- Complete pressure ulcer risk assessment on all residents and report any changes
- Ensure residents incidents of a clinical nature are reviewed and actioned
- Liaise with and advocate on behalf of residents to medical and allied health professionals
- Provide support and guidance to Care Service Employees, residents and their families
- Registered Nurse (Division 1) with general registration - essential
- Possession of Certificate III in Community Services (Aged Care) or equivalent - desirable
Experience & Skills
- At least one-year experience as an RN
- APHRA registration
- Experience in caring for older people including understanding of the aspirations and needs of frail older people
- Current driver's license
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the Aged Care Quality Standards
- Advanced verbal and written English communication skills
If you are an experienced RN and are interested in making a move to rural NSW, then please get in touch today by sending through your CV in word format, and addressing your cover letter to Mardi Steven
12 days ago
- New South Wales
Registered Nurse Harden, NSW Permanent roleAssistance with relocation costs, for the right candidateAged Care Facility with under 100 beds"Come and live in the Hilltops region of NSW" Consider relocating to this rural com...
12 days ago
- AU$70000 - AU$80000 per annum
Registered Nurse Leeton, NSW (Riverina area)Permanent role - 30 hours per weekAssistance with relocation costs, for the right candidateAged Care Facility with under 60 beds"Come and live in the Riverina region of NSW" Thi...
12 days ago
- South Australia
Facility Manager Based in Moama, border of Victoria/NSWSalary, plus super, plus salary packagingUp to $3K relocation assistance available for the right applicantStart ASAPsmall sized facility - 56 beds"Come...
7 days ago
- AU$110000 - AU$120000 per annum
Care Manager Based in Bankstown, NSW150+ bed facility that has been recently openedImmediate start / Perm FT positionGreat base salary plus superAged CareWe are looking for an experienced Care Manager to join our recently ope...
28 days ago
Residential Service Manager FulltimeImmediate StartBased on the beautiful Sunshine CoastSmall Aged Care FacilityGenerous base plus superNFP"Join a fantastic team and help enable the residents...
11 days ago
- Sunshine Coast
- plus super, plus salary packaging
Residential Service ManagerFull-timeImmediate StartBased on the beautiful Sunshine CoastSmall Aged Care FacilityGenerous base plus super plus salary packagingNFP"Join a fantastic team and help enab...
12 days ago
- plus car allowance
Quality & Clinical Education Support ManagerBased in the South Western Slopes of NSW - Young, Cootamundra, Parkes and Harden - travelling to each location weeklyImmediate startFull-time hours available, but open to PT/4 days per weekSuited to a Level 5 RN or higher with mana...