- Cootamundra, 2590 NSW
- less than 60 beds - aged care facility
- 100% Occupancy
- Attractive salary package
"Come and lead a team who are passionate about empowering the older generation to live life to the full"
We are looking for an experienced Registered Nurse or deputy Facility Manager ready to step up into a Facility Manager who is looking for their next opportunity. If you are looking to relocate to the country, then this is the opportunity for you.
Cootamundra is a town in the South West Slopes region of New South Wales, Australia and within the Riverina. It is within the Cootamundra-Gundagai Regional Council.
You will be responsible for assisting leading a team of Registered Nurses and Care Staff in a small facility.
- Small town
- No traffic
- It is the home town of a cricketing legend, Sir Donald Bradman
- The town is surrounded by farms and fields of canola, wheat, fruits and vegetables
- heritage walks with lots of gardens
- A great team in a small busy facility
- Review all prospective new residents, including residents for respite care, prior to entry into care
- In partnership with the residents and the Clinical staff oversee the preparation and completion of personal care plans
- Act as an adviser in response to the complex nursing and care needs of all residents
- Identify clients who may have particular personal or family issues and refer to supportive and or relevant services
- Ensure relatives are kept informed (with the consent of the resident) about resident's health, incidents or otherwise and inform the "person responsible" of any serious deterioration in a resident's condition
- Practice continuous improvement activities to maintain a high standard of client care
- Monitor and review each resident's condition and progress, and ensure that documentation is regularly evaluated in accordance to the guidelines and accurately reflects ongoing care
- Oversee the provision of suitable nutritious, appetising and visually appealing meals served minimum wastage
- Liaise as required with Doctors, Paramedics, hospitals, health care professionals and other specialist service providers
- Ensure completed funding submissions accurately reflect the relevant care provided to each resident and that they are submitted in a timely manner
- Monitor the facility`s approved and financial position, operate within budgetary limitations and promote amongst staff responsible attitude towards financial management
In order to be successful or this role, you will need experience with:
- COVID safety plans
- Non-COVID Inspection Control
- ACFI process
- Indicators Quarterly Report
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- 3 + years experience as a Registered Nurse in a leadership role
- Tertiary qualifications in Aged Care/Degree in Nursing
- Possession of a current First Aid Certificate
- APHRA registered
- 5 years experience in caring for the aged or health related area
- Good sensitivity to and understanding of the aspirations and needs of the elderly
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to play an active and positive role as part of the Care Team, providing quality care and support to residents
- Strong numeracy skills - reconciliations and statistics
- Rostering experience
- Great with technology - video calls etc
- Experience with Dementia
You must be willing to be on-call on weekends. If this role sounds like the next step for you, then please apply today and send your cover letter addressing the criteria and CV in word format to Mardi Steven
20 days ago
Registered NursesRiverina area of NSW - Cootamundra - SW Slopes, 2590Permanent roles - 2 availableAssistance with relocation costs, for the right candidateAged Care Facilities with under 100 bedsSalary as per award based on your experience...
21 days ago
Quality & Clinical Education Support Manager Based in ACT and NSWImmediate startPerm PT role /4 days per weekSuited to an RN or EN with management capabilitiesCompetitive salary plus super, plus car allowanceRelocatio...
20 days ago
Case Manager Home Care - RegionalBased in rural NSW - Riverina, 2710Full-time, permanent roles2 roles availableImmediate startOn the road role, casework focusThis NFP aged care provider is looking for 2 talented Home Care Service A...
6 days ago
Registered NurseCorowa, NSW, 2646 (Riverina area)Permanent roleAssistance with relocation costs, for the right candidateAged Care Facility with under 100 beds"Come and live on the Mighty Murray" Benefits:...
20 days ago
Registered NursesRiverina area of NSW - Leeton, 2705Permanent roleAssistance with relocation costs, for the right candidateAged Care Facilities with under 60 bedsSalary as per award based on your experience"Come and live in...
29 days ago
- plus super, plus salary packaging
Registered NurseBombala, NSW 2632Part time hours - Permanent roleAssistance with relocation costs, for the right candidateAged Care Facility with under 40 beds"Come and lead a team who are passionate about empowering the older generation to live...
6 days ago
Registered NursesLevel 3 experienced RNs - 2 requiredCasual/ short contract - 2-3 months, possible extensionFull-time - 38 hours per weekArmidale, NSW, 2350Aged CareOur client is recruiting 2 Registered Nurses for an Aged Care faci...
20 days ago
Home Care Service Advisor - Regional Based in Deniliquin, NSW and surrounds, 2710Full-time, permanent roles2 roles availableImmediate startOn the road role, casework focusThis NFP aged care provider is looking for 2 talented Home C...