- 8 week assignment
- Based in Mount Waverley, Victoria
- Disability and Aged Care Community Sector
- Fulltime hours
We are looking for an experienced Care Coordinator to support our busy and dedicated team. You will be able to step in and assist on this 2 month assignment, bringing in your strong disabilities background, aged care experience and care Coordinator expertise.
Responsibilities in the Role:
- Completion of care coordination activities for community clients in collaboration with the Case Manager or Service Coordinator.
- Incorporating innovative approaches to meet the needs of the clients.
- Respond promptly and appropriately to all care coordination activities, according to organisation policies and procedures. This may involve:
- Participating in the induction of newly employed Support Workers;
- Monitoring Support Worker compliance with policies and procedures and escalating issues to the Service Coordinator;
- Monitoring Support Worker compliance with service delivery and escalating issues to the Service Coordinator;
- Receiving and actioning feedback from Support Workers in relation to rostering and escalating as required;
- Identifying WHS issues and actioning/escalating as per organisation policies and procedures;
- Preparing and updating client schedules of care and task lists in collaboration with the client;
- Direct communication with clients and their carer/representative in relation to satisfaction with service delivery and escalating complaints in accordance with the organisation's policies and procedures;
- Participating in reconciling accounts in line with the client's budget
- Providing information about our Community Care and other community service options that could assist clients.
- Assist with the onboarding of external brokerage agencies.
- Complete data entry within the client management system according to organisation policies and procedures.
- Liaise with and develop positive working relationships with other professionals and agencies in the area, participating in relevant forums and meetings
- Attend meetings as required and contribute towards service improvements
- Assist with confirmation and processing of invoices.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Certificate IV in Community Services or a related field
- Experience in Aged Care, Disability or Community Care
- Experience with people with Dementia
- Previous experience in care coordination
- Knowledge and understanding of person centred service delivery
- Current knowledge and understanding of the Home Care Packages Guidelines, Individual Support Packages, HACC and the Disability Standards.
- Current knowledge and understanding of the principles of care coordination, client directed care and reablement.
- Current knowledge and understanding of Aged Care, Disabilities and Community Care.
- Demonstrated ability to identify risk factors in the community.
- Ability to prioritise care coordination activities within designated timeframes.
- MS Office experience
- Ability to learn and use company database effectively
- Drivers License
- Flexibility in spread of hours required from time to time in order to be responsive to client, family and Support Worker needs.
Please send over your WORD format CV and cover letter today, addressed to Mardi Steven