Assessor - Aged Care
- 14 roles available
- Across multiple locations - (see below)
- NSW - North Sydney, Lismore, Tweed Heads, Tamworth, Armidale
- QLD - South Brisbane, Darling Downs, Far Nth QLD, Fitzroy, Mackay
- You must be either: Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist to be an assessor
- Aged Care sector
- Training starts 19th or 27th April 2021
- 12 month contracts minimum
- Attractive salary package
Our client is looking for Clinical staff that are quite experienced in the Aged Care sector to work on a recently won a tender which will thoroughly enhance the lives of our Aged Care population within NSW and QLD (if you are in another state, or moving to another state, there are also roles available outside NSW and QLD).
This role is suited to someone that wants to work as part of a larger project, wants a more hands off role from a standard facility or hospital environment and would like a new challenge in a 12 month contract, or longer.
Purpose of the role:
This role is responsible for conducting high-quality, independent Residential Aged Care assessments with residents of designated Residential Aged Care facilities for classification and funding purposes.
The assessments are based on data analysis, desktop review of existing documentation, observations and conversations with Residents and care providers. The focus of the assessments is to gather information for classifications that will determine funding levels. There is a focus on improving restorative care and reablement for older Australians through determining cost drivers in relation to:
- Palliative Care
- Cognition, communication, behaviour & mental health
- Wound Care
- Technical Nursing
Responsibilities within the role:
- Conduct assessments in partnership with the resident to the greatest degree possible in each instance
- Conduct self and assessments in a manner that supports resident's and customer's dignity and safety and adhering to the Charter of Aged Care Rights.
- Respond to requests for information from the Clinical Advisor(s) and Regional Manager(s) within 24 hours or by the date requested
- Respond to any complaints associated with the delivery of service
- Review bookings daily, to identify assessments
- Use AN-ACC Assessment tool and varied strategies to gather relevant information to inform assessment outcome
- Provide accurate logs of time to taken conducting assessments and the varied information collection strategies utilised as per Senior Manager's request
- Collaborate with Clinical Advisor(s) to make clinical judgements in complex scenarios such as sourcing conflicting information
- Participate in industry forums / committees
- Conduct required number of assessments to meet / exceed utilisation target
- Escalate any concerns or complex issues regarding the clinical undertaking and completion of assessments to the Clinical Advisor
- Escalate any concerns or complex issues regarding the operational undertaking and completion of assessments to the Senior Assessor/Regional Manager
- 5+ years' clinical experience in aged care (or related health care)
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in Nursing, Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy
- Current unrestricted General Registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Demonstrated Australian aged care experience including working with people with dementia
- Demonstrated experience conducting clinical assessments using a range of assessment tools
- Excellent communication skills, with a variety of stakeholders including consumers, families and managers
- Police Clearance
- Drivers License
We would be happy to send you over the job description after a discussion about your career goals.
If you meet the above criteria, live within one of the above mentioned areas and are open to a 12 month contract, then please apply today by sending your CV and cover letter to Mardi Steven. (Please indicate which location you would like).
10 days ago
Assessor - Aged Care14 roles availableAcross multiple locations - (see below)QLD - South Brisbane, Darling Downs, Far Nth QLD, Fitzroy, MackayNSW - North Sydney, Lismore, Tweed Heads, Tamworth, ArmidaleYou must be either: Registered Nurse, Occupational ...
30 days ago
- Sunshine Coast
- plus super, plus salary packaging
PhysiotherapistsAged Care Community based roleSunshine Coast - Caloundra to Gympie3 x Permanent Part Time to fill a roster discrepancy of 120 hours per fortnight - let us know how many hours you want to workImmediate start$42.10 per hour + 9.5% Super + NFP Salary Packaging...
30 days ago
- Sunshine Coast
- plus super, plus salary packaging, plus km
Speech PathologistsAged Care clientele, predominantlySunshine Coast - Caloundra to Gympie - community based rolePaying $32.88 - $42.10 per hour plus super + 9.5% Super + NFP Salary Packaging + 72 cents per kilometre (dependant on experience)Immediate Start1 x Permanent Full Ti...
3 days ago
- Gold Coast
- AU$25 - AU$40 per hour
Benefits 4 Days a week casual employment with a view to permanent part time Mental Health Specialist Clinic High level thinking skills requiredPractice that provides ongoing training and development Week Day Operating HoursResponsible for the day-to-day work flow delivery of high-quality patient centred service...