About the company
The Medical Devices Surveillance Branch is responsible for the post market activities of medical
devices, including Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) and in vitro diagnostic medical devices
(IVDs), and monitoring them throughout their lifecycle to ensure they continue to meet
About the opportunity
This role sits with the Devices Emerging Technology & Diagnostics Section. This section provides support in researching and keeping abreast of emerging medical device technology. The team works closely with assessment teams to share knowledge and information, to progress a number of specific reforms. They identify, educate and engage with relevant stakeholders and develop and review the regulations and guidance to ensure they are fit for purpose.
The APS6 Project Officer is responsible for providing input into SaMD related strategy, policies and reforms for the Medical Devices Surveillance Branch.
- Support the implementation of regulatory changes for the broader medical device reforms, following the TGA Regulation amendments.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of regulatory reforms in relation to SaMD medical devices including development of: policy documents for review and publication; consultation papers and analysis of results; and guidance material for industry.
- Respond to specific and complex email and phone enquiries from internal and externa Stakeholders.
- Research and write reports on specificed areas of medical device software products e. g. clinical decision support software
- Maintain key strategic relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, providing timely, quality and accurate advice on issues relating to medical device regulation and interpretation of legislation and guidelines.
- Contribute own expertise by providing technical input in preparation of ministerial briefs and involvement in other parliamentary support work as required.
- Assist in strategic planning, program and project management and/or policy development for the work area.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science, software engineering or related area
- Experience in a commercial or government IT software development environment.
- Architecture, design, validation or project management of software builds would be highly regarded.
- Experience in commercial or medical software development.
- Experience in auditing or reviewing IT systems or products.
- Sound judgment, attention to detail and organisational skills and ability to take responsibility for work, prioritising tasks and producing quality outputs to meet tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to produce work requiring little or no revision before finalisation
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to engage and collaborate with stakeholders (both internal and external) and demonstrated ability to translate technical information for others using appropriate, unambiguous language.
How to Apply
Click apply or contact Joanna Murphy, Senior Recruitment Consultant on +61 2 8877 8718 for a confidential discussion.
( SK927795A )
22 days ago
- Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
- AU$57 - AU$60 per hour + super
About the company Medical Devices Surveillance Branch monitors medical devices, including in vitro diagnostic tests (IVDs) and other therapeutic goods (OTGs), throughout their lifecycle to ensure they continue to meet appropriate levels of quality, safety and performance.
23 days ago
- Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
About the company The Medical Devices Branches of the TGA evaluate medical devices, including in vitro diagnostic tests, and monitors them throughout their lifecycle to ensure they continue to meet an appropriate level of quality, safety, and performance. About the opportunity This APS 6 role sits within the Devices Pos...
5 days ago
- South Yarra
- Leading global CRO! Excellent location! Immediate start available!
About the companyThis global CRO are committed to developing groundbreaking devices and new pharmaceutical products. About the opportunityIn this role, you will responsible for ensuring the timely submission of regulatory documents related to clinical trial activity Duties Perform require...
2 days ago
- Lane Cove
- AU$85000 - AU$95000 per annum + super
About the company An established medical device company with leading products on the market and an exciting pipeline. About the opportunity Join a rapidly expanding New Product Development team as a Senior Microbiologist. Utilise your research skills to plan, design, conduct, and report on...
20 days ago
About the companyThis global pharmaceutical company holds a large portfolio of products across varied therapy area, to treat and prevail over serious illness.About the RoleHighly experienced Regulatory Affairs Manager required for a 12-month full-time contract role who will be working with the company's Global Regulatory Affairs team for...
9 days ago
BenefitsDevelop, manage and mentor a team of regulatory affairs professionalsAssist the strategic vision and support business growth from regulatory affairs perspectiveWorking collaboratively with senior leaders across the businessWorking across all medical device areasFlexibility to work from home and in the officeGen...
19 days ago
About the company Adalta is an exciting clinical stage biotechnology company developing a unique range of new drug treatments based on pioneering and innovative technology. About the opportunity In this role, you will work closely with the leadership team to determine the pre-clinical and translation strategy for the co...