About the company
The Medical Devices Branches of the TGA evaluate medical devices, including in vitro diagnostic tests, and monitors them throughout their lifecycle to ensure they continue to meet an appropriate level of quality, safety, and performance.
About the opportunity
This APS 6 role sits within the Devices Post Market Monitoring Section (DPMMS). You will be responsible for undertaking risk assessment and Investigation of adverse event reports associated with the use of medical devices.
- Undertaking assessment of the technical documentation and data, collating expert advice relevant to the assessment, preparing a clear statement of reasons based on the investigation findings and knowledge of the regulations, and exercising delegation where appropriate.
- Undertaking under limited direction, risk assessment and Investigation of adverse event reports associated with the use of medical devices.
- Providing detailed technical engineering/biocompatibility or clinical expertise in the area of medical device technology, including anticipating problems and contributing to issues management
- Coordinating and managing multi-component assessments, investigations and reviews requiring liaison with internal and external professionals
- Implementing a risk management approach to support regulatory decisions
- Dealing with complex issues and managing stakeholders
- Writing statements for publication on the safety and performance of medical devices on TGA's website
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders, including providing advice and feedback on the outcomes of investigations.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant qualifications in science related field of studies or biomedical engineering
- Knowledge of the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989, the Therapeutic Goods (Medical Devices) Regulations 2002 and other legislative instruments and guidelines
- Experience in investigating adverse events associated with the use of therapeutic goods.
- Ability to interpret, draft and review policy and procedural documentation.
- Technical expertise and experience relevant to the use, assessment, manufacture, design, testing and monitoring of medical devices.
- Strong communication skills including ability to prepare clearly articulated reports and briefs on the subject matter.
- Sound judgment, attention to detail and organisational skills and ability to take responsibility for work, prioritising tasks and producing quality outputs to meet tight deadlines.
Please Note: Final Date for applications is May 26th
How to Apply
Click apply or contact Joanna Murphy, Senior Recruitment Consultant on firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
( SK927795A )
5 days ago
- AU$57 - AU$62 per hour + + super
About the companyThe Medical Devices Surveillance Branch is responsible for the post market activities of medicaldevices, including Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) and in vitro diagnostic medical devices(IVDs), and monitoring them throughout their lifecycle to ensure they continue to meet
15 days ago
- South Yarra
- Leading global CRO! Excellent location! Immediate start available!
About the companyThis global CRO are committed to developing groundbreaking devices and new pharmaceutical products. About the opportunityIn this role, you will responsible for ensuring the timely submission of regulatory documents related to clinical trial activity Duties Perform...
28 days ago
- North Sydney
Benefits Be part of the change in medical prognosis for cancer patients. This innovative medical technology is at the commercialization stage and as it becomes more widely available you will see the positive impact it will have on patient lives. You will be instrumental in shaping and maintaining the Quality Systems to ensure product compliance with...
27 days ago
Manufacturing & Production
- Northern Beaches
About the companyAn established brand and market-leader in health supplements with a broad product range. About the opportunityThis is a 20-24 week (6 months) assignment working with the Quality Technical team. You will be responsible for Quality Control and Quality documen...
18 days ago
- Northern Beaches
Benefits Flexible working arrangement; combined office and WFH role Friendly and collaborative work culture Work with a broad range of established consumer healthcare brands About the company A multinational consumer healthcare organisation with around 60 staff in Australia. They boast a wide r...
26 days ago
- Northern Beaches
BenefitsFlexible working arrangement; combined office and WFH roleFriendly and collaborative work cultureWork with a broad range of established consumer healthcare brandsAbout the companyA multinational consumer healthcare organisation with around 60 staff in Australia. They boast a wide range of proprietary brands and continue...
4 days ago
- Macquarie Park
About the companyA global healthcare company with a large portfolio of generic pharmaceuticals and biosimilar medicines covering all major therapeutic areas. About the opportunityIn this role you will manage all commercial QA activities for the Australian and New Zealand ma...
4 days ago
- Southeastern Sydney, New South Wales
About the companyA highly successful bio-pharmaceutical company with an excellent reputation and a strong product pipeline. About the opportunityYou will join a highly motivated and supportive Quality team focusing on product complaints. Your role will be responsible for re...