About the company
The Medical Devices Authorisation Branch of the TGA evaluates medical devices, including in vitro diagnostic medical devices (IVDs), and monitors them throughout their lifecycle to ensure they continue to meet an appropriate level of quality, safety, and performance
About the opportunity
The Devices Applications Section (DAS) within the Medical Devices Authorisation Branch is responsible for pre-market assessment of applications for inclusion of medical devices (IVD and non-IVD) and applications for listing and registration of other therapeutic goods (OTG) in the ARTG.
- Undertake desk top regulatory and technical assessments of pre-market inclusion applications for medical devices (including IVDs) and OTGs in the ARTG, interpret and apply legislation, regulatory guidelines, international standards and best-practice, collating expert advice relevant to the assessment, preparing clear statements of reason based on the investigation findings, matters of fact, and knowledge of the regulations, and exercising delegation where appropriate.
- Provide timely technical/professional advice to internal and external stakeholders.
- Be responsible for record keeping and record management of official decisions and actions in accordance with the Department of Health's record management protocols.
- Participate in providing quality improvement in regulatory processes and reform in key areas, according to government priorities.
- Positively contribute to representing the TGA at various internal and external meetings as necessary to fulfil the TGA's functions as the national regulator of the therapeutic goods as required.
- Contribute to broader organisational objectives by undertaking other tasks as required.
- Contribute to a positive, collaborative, and diverse workplace culture in line with APS Code of Conduct and Care Values.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant Qualifications in medical science, or health related field of studies.
- Experience in regulatory and technical assessments and reporting through evaluation of technical documentation and data in the field of medical devices will be highly regarded.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of relevant legislative and reporting requirements, Australian and International standards, quality assurance procedures and best practice models
- Ability to apply comprehensive work knowledge, precedent and established legislation, policy, procedures, and guidelines to situations involving a high level of complexity and sensitivity which require considerable interpretation and analysis
- Ability to provide significant and detailed advice on regulatory issues related to medical devices (including IVDs) and OTGs
- Ability to interpret, draft and review policy and procedural documentation
How to Apply
Click apply or contact Joanna Murphy, Senior Recruitment Consultant on +61 2 8877 8718 for a confidential discussion.
( SK927795A )
27 days ago
- AU$54 - AU$57 per hour + Superannuation
About the company The Medical Devices Surveillance Branch of the TGA is responsible for the post market activities of medical devices, including in vitro diagnostic medical devices (IVDs), and monitoring them throughout their lifecycle to ensure they continue to meet appropriate standards. The Device Post Market Monitoring Section (DPMMS) within the Medical Devi...
26 days ago
About the companyThis global CRO are committed to developing groundbreaking devices and new pharmaceutical products.About the opportunityIn this role, you will responsible for ensuring the timely submission of regulatory documents related to clinical trial activityDuties Perform required activities within...
4 days ago
About the companyThis global CRO are committed to developing groundbreaking devices and new pharmaceutical products. About the opportunityIn this role, you will responsible for ensuring the timely submission of regulatory documents related to clinical trial activity Duties Perform...
27 days ago
- Macquarie Park
- AU$75000 - AU$85000 per annum + Superannuation
About the companyOur client is a supplier of OTC/Consumer Healthcare products. They have a diverse portfolio including several household names sold nationally and internationally. The product range also includes medical devices, cosmetics and complementary medicines. About the opportunityWe are looking for...
17 days ago
- Sydney CBD, New South Wales
- Attractive Salary Package
About the companyAn ASX-listed, Australian clinical-stage, biotechnology company focused on the development of a novel and innovative investigational drug for the treatment of neurodegenerative disease and other indications. About the opportunity The Director of Drug Deve...