- Permanent Full-time role
- Based across the region - Albury, Leeton, Corowa, Moama, Deniliquin
- Salary base, plus super, plus salary packaging, plus travel expenses
- Immediate Start
- RN candidate with SCFI experience
We are looking for an ACFI Specialist who would love nothing more than regional work across our 5 rural locations. This role will keep you busy on the road, visiting all 5 Aged Care facilities, ensuring that ACFI requirements are met and are achieving maximum ACFI funding. Visibility is very important in this role and your ability to build rapport with others is vital to your success within the role.
Duties within the role:
- Demonstrate ACFI claiming performance across allocated facilities, and identify action areas for improvement to ensure that funding is maximised.
- Ensure ACFI prescribed assessments are accurately interpreted.
- Ensure supporting evidence for ACFI claims is complete and accurate, and meets validation and legislative requirements.
- Ensure that the appraisals being submitted by facilities reflect appropriately the revenue to be claimed from the Commonwealth Department (Medicare) in accordance with legislation and company policy.
- In consultation with the Regional Manager, contribute to the development of appropriate financial income targets for individual facilities consistent with optimal care subsidy claims.
- Maintain a sound knowledge of the ACFI and its implication with funding subsidies
- Optimise ACFI revenue by facilitating improvements and developing strategies designed to maximise care subsidy claims and facility income.
- Assist with completion of the ACFI appraisals, as required.
- Review Claim forms and Payment Statements each month for allocated facilities to monitor the submission process.
- Assist in the coordination of appeals to the Commonwealth, as required.
- Provide advice to the Regional Manager and Quality & Clinical Governance Manager of any documentation discrepancies, anomalies, or areas for improvement in the documentation on resident files.
- Collaborate to ensure the delivery of care services within an evidence-based framework
- Facilitate desktop audits in allocated facilities that involves benchmarking pre and post implementation and results in improvements to resident care.
- In conjunction with the Facility Managers, monitor and audit ACFI packs as well as assessments and care plans to ensure compliance, and consistency with current ACFI claim.
- Provide advice and support to Regional Managers, Facility Managers, and facility staff to help them resolve issues which may have a detrimental effect on achieving resident outcomes and agreed ACFI targets/plans.
- Support and assist at ACFI validation visits, as required.
- Support Regional Managers and Facility Managers to review mandatory appraisals, voluntary appraisals, problem solving, return from hospital, and major change in dependency
- Review and submit all new admission ACFI to ensure optimal claiming is identified.
- Monitor funding of allocated sites, including funding trends and preparing monthly report for Regional Manager.
- Provide clinical opinion and assessments
- Participate in monthly meetings with Facility Manager's, Regional Manager, and Regional Quality & Clinical Education Manager to ensure that there is alignment between ACFI claiming, clinical care outcomes and operational issues.
- Provide feedback and recommendations on development and improvement of documentation, tools and reports, monitoring and auditing systems, and care documentation systems.
- Network with external parties to arrive at best practice outcomes in terms of ACFI implementation
- In consultation with the Regional Manager and Quality & Clinical Governance Manager, assist in the development of training and execute a plan of training for all staff who will be required to implement ACFI
- Participate in regular meetings and communicate with Facility Managers and staff
- Liaise with staff to ensure the information contained within the database for the Resident is accurate and up-to-date.
- Current AHPRA registration (RN)
- Completion of ACFI Appraiser training
- Workplace Training and Assessment certificate desired
- Drivers License
- A high level knowledge and understanding of the ACFI instrument
- A high level of knowledge of clinical assessment in line with scope of practice
- Demonstrated ability to utilise ACFI to achieve optimal funding/ income.
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities to increase funding by implementing care systems interventions.
- Sound verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and time management skills.
- Ability to pick up new systems quickly
- Strong rapport building and team building skills
- Time management skills
- A genuine desire to ensure compliance standards are met and objectives are achieved
If this sounds like the role for you, then please apply today and secure yourself a new challenge to sink your teeth into.
Please address your cover letter to Mardi Steven, addressing why you are the X factor we are looking for.
17 days ago
Registered Nurses6 month contract - maternity leave coverageImmediate startBased in South East Melbourne3-4 night shifts per weekPaid based on Nurses AwardThis Aged Care Facility is looking for an experienced Aged ...
23 days ago
Registered Nurses Riverina area of NSW - LeetonPermanent roleAssistance with relocation costs, for the right candidateAged Care Facilities with under 60 bedsSalary as per award based on your experience"Come and live i...
11 days ago
Registered NursesHilltops area of NSW - YoungPermanent roleAssistance with relocation costs, for the right candidateAged Care Facilities with under 60 bedsSalary as per award based on your experience"Come and live in the Hilltops region of NSW"
11 days ago
- Lakes Entrance
Care ManagerBased in Lakes Entrance, Victoria80 bed Aged Care FacilityImmediate start / Perm FT positionGreat base salary plus super"Bring Joy to those we care for"This facility requires the expertise of an experienced Care Manager who is truly focused on clinical ...
11 days ago
- AU$90000 - AU$100000 per annum
Care ManagerBased in Warrnambool Riverside85 bed Aged Care FacilityImmediate start / Perm FT positionGreat base salary plus super"Bring Joy to those we care for"This growing facility requires the expertise of an experienced Care Manager who is truly focused on clin...
8 days ago
- Sunshine Coast
Care Manager Based in Kawana Wayers150 bed Aged Care FacilityImmediate start / Perm FT positionGreat base salary plus super"Bring Joy to those we care for"This growing facility requires the expertise of an experienced Care Mana...
11 days ago
Residential ManagerAged Care - 60 bed facilityImmediate startBased in Wheelers Hill, MelbourneExcellent salary and superFulltime, permanent OpportunityBecause of you, the residents in this fun loving Aged Care Facility will live a ...
23 days ago
Facility ManagerAlbury, NSWOpen to fulltime or 9 day fortnight, on call on weekendless than 40 beds - aged care facilityAttractive salary package"Come and lead a team who are passionate about empowering the older generation to live life to the full" We ...
17 days ago
Facility Manager Cootamundra, NSWless than 60 beds - aged care facility100% OccupancyAttractive salary package"Come and lead a team who are passionate about empowering the older generation to live life to the full"
26 days ago
Benefits Join a supportive teamWork with a reputable aged care & disability support providerAbout the company With the client at the heart of everything they do, this leading service provider is set up to ensure that their clients can lead the lives they want too. Abo...
12 days ago
- East Gippsland
BenefitsJoin a supportive teamWork with a reputable aged care & disability support providerAbout the company With the client at the heart of everything they do, this leading service provider is set up to ensure that their clients can lead the lives they want too. About the op...