Medicines Australia leads the research-based medicines industry of Australia. Their members discover, develop and manufacture prescription medicine products, biotherapeutic products and vaccines that bring health, social and economic benefits to Australia. Their members are committed to the highest ethical standards as they invest in Australian medical research and take local discoveries and developments to the world
About the opportunity
The organisation has recently embarked upon a significant period of transformation with the appointment of several senior leadership roles with an aim to drive to change and meet future goals. As part of this transformation an opening has also become vacant for a Manager, Access and Funding, reporting to the newly appointed Head of Strategic Policy Implementation
This is a unique opportunity to contribute towards the objectives and values of Medicines Australia. Managing the access and funding policy activities, in order to aid streamlined and cohesive government policy for positive access and reimbursement outcomes, this role will position Medicines Australia to allow cohesive objectives for members and ensure the industry in Australia is viable for the future
- Work with the business to deliver strategic outcomes across access and funding activities
- Close collaboration with member companies to ensure streamlined, high quality submissions
- Represent industry as the expert in access and funding policies and provide expert feedback and advice to members, government and other stakeholders
- Ensure access and funding requirements and standards are understood, developed and positioned positively with government and broader stakeholders
- Analysis of current environment in terms of government policies for projection of future industry impacts
- Build strong relationships across member companies and government departments to provide up to date, relevant and accurate advice
- Work with and lead relevant committees and groups and represent Medicines Australia at relevant forums
- Internal relationships and collaborations to ensure key policy messaging is distributed accurately both internally and externally
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in relevant discipline to meet position expectations.
- Clinical expertise highly desirable
- Minimum 5 years experience in health policy/related discipline
- Knowledge of registration and reimbursement processes and health technology assessments
- Understanding of protocols relevant to pharmaceuticals in Australia
- Demonstrative ability to research, analyse and absorb information effectively to translate into health policy approaches and strategies
- Cross functional collaboration across academia, clinicians, patients, and other internal and external stakeholders
- Strong communication skills both written and verbally
- Autonomous in approach with the ability to make judgements independently and sometimes under pressure
- High attention to details where prioritisation ensures effective delivery in a timely manner
How to Apply
Angela Barclay of Healthcare Professionals Group is partnering with Medicines Australia and open to a confidential discussion pre-application if required. Please apply directly or call 02 8877 8743
( SK915184A )
5 days ago
- New South Wales
Benefits Market leading global company Supportive structure Be part of a like-minded professional team About the company Our client prides themselves on providing sustainable healthcare solutions that achieve positive patient outcomes. Their mission is achieved through employing reliable and passionate peopl...
13 days ago
- Attractive Salary Package
BenefitsAdvance your careerSupportive and collaborative cultureStrong pipeline and interesting scope of workAbout the companyThis organisation is a world leading pharmaceutical company with a strong pipeline. They have a growing reputation within industry as a strong performing pharma....
27 days ago
About the companyLeading pharma company with strong pipeline seeking to significantly improve the lives of patients around the globe. Over recent times, they have enjoyed significant growth and are very well regarding for the culture and patient focusAbout the opportunity In this newly created; and high profile role, you will be responsible for leading...
26 days ago
About the companyLeading pharmaceutical company with strong pipeline, with Head Office in Melbourne, are seeking to significantly improve the lives of patients around the globe. Over recent times, they have enjoyed significant growth and are very well regarding for their exceptional culture, products and patient focusAbout the opportunity...
19 days ago
- Macquarie Park
BenefitsJoin a supportive teamWork with a reputable global pharmaceutical companyExcellent pipeline of productsAbout the companyThis leading pharmaceutical company is at the forefront of innovation with an incredibly strong pipeline. Combining passion with research and development they have discovered many of th...