- Riverina area of NSW - Leeton, 2705
- Permanent role
- Assistance with relocation costs, for the right candidate
- Aged Care Facilities with under 60 beds
- Salary as per award based on your experience
"Come and live in the Riverina region of NSW"
This aged care provider is about to add extra clinical support to their teams across the Riverina region of NSW.
We are looking for a Registered Nurse with strong clinical experience for 2 years or more, with the confidence to work nights shifts when required, managing other team members.
This area within regional NSW is incredibly beautiful, particularly in September/October when the Canola Fields are brightly lit with yellow flora. The area is also rich with wheat, oats, pears, strawberries, cherries, peaches, nectarines, prunes and apricots. As you can see, this the place you want to be, all year round.
You will be reporting into the Facility Manager within a busy aged care facilities, and you will have a strong focus on adhering to the Aged Care Standards, working on ACFI, contributing to the ACFI documentation and ensuring the facility is compliant all year round.
Purpose of Position
To attend to the care needs of residents in accordance with their care plan. This will be achieved by providing safe and effective direct nursing care in line with nursing best practice principles.
The position is accountable and responsible in ensuring compliance with the aged care quality standards.
- Carry out the initial and on-going assessment, planning and management of nursing care for residents
- Develop personal care plans that ensure the individual needs of residents are identified and met, and be aware of changes in care plans
- Review all residents frequently, including residents file:
- Behaviour charting and assessments
- Observation charts
- Medication charts
- Weight and bowel chart documentation
- Wound charts
- Progress note entries
- Participate in their quarterly care plan evaluation, or more regularly as required
- Ensure that all documentation required by and related to the provision of quality care for all residents is prepared, maintained, monitored, evaluated and up to date
- Ensure completion and accuracy of all ACFI claims
- Provide, or ensure provision of, more complex care services including:
- Pain management
- Palliative care
- Intra-venous and naso-gastric tubing
- Catheter care
- Stoma care
- Complex wound management
- Risk management of acute or chronic infection conditions
- Enema administration
- Oxygen therapy
- Complete pressure ulcer risk assessment on all residents and report any changes
- Ensure residents incidents of a clinical nature are reviewed and actioned
- Liaise with and advocate on behalf of residents to medical and allied health professionals
- Provide support and guidance to Care Service Employees, residents and their families
Requirements for the role:
- Two years experience as an RN within Aged Care
- Registered Nurse with general registration - essential
- Possession of Certificate III in Community Services (Aged Care) or equivalent - desirable
- AHPRA registration
- Experience in caring for older people including understanding of the aspirations and needs of frail older people
- Current driver's license
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the Aged Care Quality Standards
- ACFI experience
- Advanced verbal and written English communication skills
If you are an experienced RN and are interested in making a move to rural NSW, then please get in touch today by sending through your CV in word format, and addressing your cover letter to Mardi Steven
6 days ago
Registered NursesLevel 3 experienced RNs - 2 requiredCasual/ short contract - 2-3 months, possible extensionFull-time - 38 hours per weekArmidale, NSW, 2350Aged CareOur client is recruiting 2 Registered Nurses for an Aged Care faci...
6 days ago
Registered NurseCorowa, NSW, 2646 (Riverina area)Permanent roleAssistance with relocation costs, for the right candidateAged Care Facility with under 100 beds"Come and live on the Mighty Murray" Benefits:...
29 days ago
- plus super, plus salary packaging
Registered NurseBombala, NSW 2632Part time hours - Permanent roleAssistance with relocation costs, for the right candidateAged Care Facility with under 40 beds"Come and lead a team who are passionate about empowering the older generation to live...
20 days ago
Registered NursesRiverina area of NSW - Cootamundra - SW Slopes, 2590Permanent roles - 2 availableAssistance with relocation costs, for the right candidateAged Care Facilities with under 100 bedsSalary as per award based on your experience...
about 1 month ago
- Cootamundra, New South Wales
Facility ManagerCootamundra, 2590 NSWless than 60 beds - aged care facility100% OccupancyAttractive salary package"Come and lead a team who are passionate about empowering the older generation to live life to the full" ...
21 days ago
Quality & Clinical Education Support Manager Based in ACT and NSWImmediate startPerm PT role /4 days per weekSuited to an RN or EN with management capabilitiesCompetitive salary plus super, plus car allowanceRelocatio...
20 days ago
Case Manager Home Care - RegionalBased in rural NSW - Riverina, 2710Full-time, permanent roles2 roles availableImmediate startOn the road role, casework focusThis NFP aged care provider is looking for 2 talented Home Care Service A...
20 days ago
Home Care Service Advisor - Regional Based in Deniliquin, NSW and surrounds, 2710Full-time, permanent roles2 roles availableImmediate startOn the road role, casework focusThis NFP aged care provider is looking for 2 talented Home C...